Tri State Imports
Thank you for Viewing the site. What you are seeing as a guest is only a fraction of what the site has to offer. Please become a member to enjoy what we have to offer in its entirety.

Don't forget to check us out on Facebook at

https://www.facebook.com/TriStateImportscom
Tri State Imports
Thank you for Viewing the site. What you are seeing as a guest is only a fraction of what the site has to offer. Please become a member to enjoy what we have to offer in its entirety.

Don't forget to check us out on Facebook at

https://www.facebook.com/TriStateImportscom
Tri State Imports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ohio, Indiana. And Kentucky Import Hot Spot

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo

Go down 
+3
miss tasty20
Antman
b1racing
7 posters
AuthorMessage
b1racing
Newb
Newb

Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo Empty
PostSubject: Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo   Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 12:06 am

Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo 30204411
Back to top Go down
Antman
Admin
Antman

PostSubject: Re: Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo   Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 2:10 am

Nice, I love del sols! what are you thinking in the lines of turbo and are you keeping the z6? If you even need any del sol parts im your guy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://tristateimports.forumotion.com
b1racing
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo   Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:08 pm

I'm planning on keeping the z6 and building it unless I can find a complete b series swap at a great price. My goal is 350hp I know I can do that with a z6 but its so expensive lol haha. I'm not pulling the z6 that is in it until I get the other z6 I bought built so I can do it all in a weekend hopefully
Back to top Go down
miss tasty20
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo   Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:36 pm

vitara build!!!! cheep as fak! and it last man!! smoke most b series around.
Back to top Go down
b1racing
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo   Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:24 am

Yeah vitara is the plan. With eagle rods and acl bearings.
Back to top Go down
suprafunguy
suprafunguy

PostSubject: Re: Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo   Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:39 am

do the stock pistons hold up?
Back to top Go down
miss tasty20
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo   Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:31 pm

to a point...
Back to top Go down
Brent_si
Brent_si

PostSubject: Re: Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo   Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:40 pm

Most d series ive seen crap out at about 230-250whp and 250 is pushing it.
Back to top Go down
suprafunguy
suprafunguy

PostSubject: Re: Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo   Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 pm

thats kind of what i was thinking. You should prolly go ahead throw a set of pistons, rods, and a nice head gasket on it as well just to keep it together.
Back to top Go down
b1racing
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo   Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 11:52 pm

Yeah I'm getting vitara pistons and eagle h beam rods next week hopefully depending on my check. Should have the build done in a month
Back to top Go down
Brent_si
Brent_si

PostSubject: Re: Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo   Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:07 am

b1racing wrote:
Yeah I'm getting vitara pistons and eagle h beam rods next week hopefully depending on my check. Should have the build done in a month

If I were you I would get a good brand name piston. I have heard the vitara pistons need to be modified by a machine shop to work. I may be wrong but if that is correct it might be just a cheap to go with a je or wiseco.

Back to top Go down
sonicivic
Just settling in
Just settling in

PostSubject: Re: Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo   Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:03 am

i have a built z6 in my hatch and with just eagles and srp pistons 9:1 compression with a t04e it made 302 whp
had 780cc's, and everything else was stock

it has a cam and diff turbo and intake mani now and makes 376 whp
and its sleeved now so its gonna get more goodies in the future
Back to top Go down
fabricator
Admin
fabricator

PostSubject: Re: Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo   Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:41 am

The Pistons(vitara) themselves are fine. The block has to have relief notches in it at the bottom of the cylinders for rod end clearance. their are setups it the 500-600hp range with vitaras. check out D-series.org for all the information you will ever need on Vitara set-ups.
Back to top Go down
b1racing
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo   Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Awesome.. Yeah I dont mind to notch the block I've seen how to do it. And i have a z6 head that has a brian crower cam with aem cam gear and a mild port job so that will help. I wish I could find a decent turbo kit local. I dont wanna buy an ebay kit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo   Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo Empty

Back to top Go down

Del sol.. Working on a build for turbo
Page 1 of 1