Tri State Imports
Thank you for Viewing the site. What you are seeing as a guest is only a fraction of what the site has to offer. Please become a member to enjoy what we have to offer in its entirety.

Don't forget to check us out on Facebook at

https://www.facebook.com/TriStateImportscom
Tri State Imports
Thank you for Viewing the site. What you are seeing as a guest is only a fraction of what the site has to offer. Please become a member to enjoy what we have to offer in its entirety.

Don't forget to check us out on Facebook at

https://www.facebook.com/TriStateImportscom
Tri State Imports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ohio, Indiana. And Kentucky Import Hot Spot

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dirty6gen
Newb
Newb

should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop? Empty
PostSubject: should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop?   should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop? EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:40 pm

hey whats up guys , I have a 93 accord ex 5 speed with a bad transmission and clutch I bought the car yesterday with intentions on swapping a jdm h22a with lsd . Have any of you guys done this swap ? I Have done a lot of things to my past accord's but never a swap . Do you know about how much a shop will charge for everything including timming belt , auto to manual timming belt tentioner , water pump, seals ,gaskets ect . I have done a lot of reserch but if my finances allow I would prefer a profesinal to do it . The car has the f22a6 non vtec . an help would be awsome thanks
Back to top Go down
sonicivic
Just settling in
Just settling in

PostSubject: Re: should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop?   should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop? EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:09 am

only one way to learn, and thats to do it
take your time doing it, shouldnt be too complicated, and im sure there is a wealth of information pertaining to this swap available online
Back to top Go down
go4tze
Going the distance
Going the distance
go4tze

PostSubject: Re: should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop?   should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop? EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:50 am

Yup. And you can build your H a bit wit h the money you saved by doing it yourself pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3967661/1990-honda-civic-dx-hatchb
Brent_si
Brent_si

PostSubject: Re: should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop?   should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop? EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:23 pm

They would probably charge over $1000 to remove and install an engine. Last time I did one of these it was pretty straight forward. Im sure there is a how to on honda-tech.com
Back to top Go down
dirty6gen
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop?   should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop? EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Thanks, I am getting prety confortable with doing this swap my only concern is they are saying I should drill and tap two holes in the h22a transmission housing for it to work with my transmission mount. Besides that it seems like it should bolt right up . And then add 3 or 4 pins in the ecu for vtec and additional sensors .Thanks for all your responses .

Back to top Go down
08RRFA5
Going the distance
Going the distance
08RRFA5

PostSubject: Re: should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop?   should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 3:13 am

I have an accord trans in my garage if you would like to purchase it!!! came from a 95-96 ex accord. It could get you back on the road for now, and will bolt up to an H22 so you don't have to modify to get the trans mount on.
Back to top Go down
dirty6gen
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop?   should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop? EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:26 am

I will definitely keep that in mind , I think the transmission may be ok I am going to have it checked out by a mechanic . I really think the through out bering is bad , it still shifts smoot holds its gear . but when you engadge the clutch it gets very noisy and rough we will see . tonight after work I'm going to buy a master cylinder and break booster to get he breaks back to proper condition before anything eles. Then on to the real fun......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop?   should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop? Empty

Back to top Go down

should i attempt to do my swao or just pay a local shop?
Page 1 of 1